I can't believe he's back...

"The Elf", who is affectionately known as Jingles in our house, has been around for many, MANY years. He's a roly-poly sort-of elf, who shows up every year, looking like he has spent his time at the North Pole trying just a little too hard to channel his inner-Santa by growing a full beard that is completely out of control.  However, he has been part of Christmas with our family long before THE OTHER ELF was the cool thing to do - sometimes he can be uber-mischievous, and at other times, we hardly have even known he's around (or remembered, if I'm being really honest).

I woke up this December 1st, and made my way into the family room, and there he was.  (Like the creepy stalker that he is)


I had a discussion with him that these "lil' people" are now 18, 14, and 12...and MAYBE they had outgrown him and the need to be stalked watched over.  (I'm pretty sure a baby reindeer died at the North Pole when I said that)

I talked about how my kids are good kids, older, a little more mature, a little wiser, AND they're not trying to kill each other every minute of the day anymore.  Once in awhile, they even genuinely LIKE one another!  (Somehow I was already forgetting the fact that Mr. D. and I had come home last night to find a new mark on the wall where apparently the tv remote had been "lightly tossed" to the couch, but somehow managed to gouge the wall instead.)

In his typical manner, he didn't say a word.  (Stubborn Elf)


{sigh}  Game on elf. 

~C.


Comments