For My Kids

I've been nursing a migraine for about 20 hours.  It could be for a multitude of reasons.  It could be this crazy warm fall weather wreaking havoc on my sinuses.  More than likely it's not.

It's no secret I fight for my kids.  I fight for the very best that is offered to them. I fight to make sure that their education is the very best opportunity for them.  If I don't stand up for them...who will?

This morning I looked at my children with fresh eyes (maybe they were a little cloudy and groggy due to the early morning hours).  I looked at them and realized that despite the pain in my head and the nausea forming in my stomach, this fight is worth it.  My children are worth it.

I continue to stand up for what I believe is the right thing to do for their education, and by placing myself in what could be seen as the minority, may very well affect any hopes I have a being a future school board member. Perhaps that wasn't in His plan after all?

That remains to be seen.

The greater good here is doing the right thing.  Not in doing the popular thing, or doing nothing at all.  The attitudes, rumors, speculation, and agendas surrounding my children's school district are dangerous and unhealthy and for too long it's gone un-noticed, and uncared about.  I can no longer remain  complacent and sit quietly by while waiting for someone else to take care of it.  That "someone else" will never be the best advocate for my child.

So my migraine has been medicated.  The nausea remains, and my nerves are at full tilt.  But it's good.  I'm not walking in alone, for He has already gone in before me and He has paved this path in front of me.

..................................................

Tonight I'm at peace.  Usually I will re-hash over and over what was said and what was done.  Maybe I could have done this better, perhaps I shouldn't have said that, why didn't I just keep my mouth shut? I didn't even have to speak (much) other than a statement I felt needed to be said at one point.  So it was a little later, afterward, I had the opportunity while driving to an event to be able to re-hash the evening's events and I'm still at peace with it....and that tells me that I did what needed to be done.

Will there be fall-out?  I suppose.   Do I care?  Not so much.  If it begins to fall down on my kids, then watch out and look for momma bear to kick in - in a very big way.  But if it's just silly adults...silly adults who are used to getting their way and "adults" who have bullied other adults far worse than anyone ever should at this stage in life...give me a break people.  Grow up and deal with the fact that you've been called out for your wrong-doing.  I'll say it again.  Grow up.

I did it for my kids, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.   Never doubt that strong and fierce parental force within each of us.

C.

Comments