Vacation Oops!!

Two days ago, I registered for FGS 2013.  (Overwhelming excitement!)

Yesterday, I began booking hotels...One for the 3 days we'll be in Ft. Wayne for FGS, and then another one for on the way home when we'll be stopping in Sandusky at Cedar Point for the day.  (More overwhelming excitement!)

Today as I sat at the orthodontist's office waiting for D-man to get his adjustment, I was slightly giddy thinking over the plans that had been made thus far...

A few days at Gettysburg...a few days in DC...home for a few days to do laundry and make it to a Board Meeting...Ft. Wayne for 3 days...Cedar Point on the way home...

And that's when the "oops" slapped me in the face.

The plan as scheduled was going to force us to drive from our home here in NY state to Ft. Wayne, Indiana in time for my first session at 11:00am on Thursday morning.  That means we would have to get up and head out at maybe 3am!!

That is NOT a vacation.

Hubs claimed he tried to tell me this last night, but I was too focused on my conference to listen to his reasoning.  I'm claiming he didn't try nearly hard enough to get this through to me.

Thankfully, we had the option to change our hotel reservation without too much trouble, and changing the trip to Cedar Point BEFORE getting to Ft. Wayne may be more satisfying for the monkey children. All I do know is that I will now be getting a few more hours of sleep on Thursday morning.

And that makes me a much happier genealogist!

C.


Comments