Bibliophile

Hello.  My name is Candy, and I'm a Bibliophile.

I love books.  Actual real books, not the e-book.  An e-book doesn't allow you to flip pages, or (god-forbid) dog-ear them to mark your page.  Yes...I turn that little corner over to mark the page where I've been reading. Don't hate me.

An e-book also doesn't allow me the opportunity to highlight the spectacular passages that I come across.  It doesn't matter if it's a novel, a reference book, or a text book...if it's good, I'm going to underline or take a highlighter to it.  My memory sucks quite honestly.  I need to mark it when it's good.

I love holding a big fat book in my hands.  I like to be able to find a place for it on my bookshelf.  I want to be able to open it up to that front blank page and emboss it with my "from the library of..." embosser.  (Yes, I have one and it's fabulous!)

I don't want a Nook, unless it's a little corner that I curl up and read in.

I don't want a Kindle, unless it's a fire starting in my fireplace that I can read the book in my hands in front of.

The e-reader on my smartphone is only going to make me go blind trying to read from that little screen.

When is the last time you walked into a bookstore?  They're (awesome!)  My favorite thing in the world - walking into Barnes & Noble, locating the latest issue of Family Tree Magazine off the rack, and parking my butt in one of the chairs in store.  And when I'm done, I can make my way to any number of genres to find how to make creamy stuffed figs from a new cookbook, learn why thorns can sometimes mean more than the rose itself in the "how-to" section, and then catch the history of Chestnut Ridge Park in the local history section.  ALL in one store?  It's amazing what can be discovered there!

Don't even get me started on libraries - I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it :)

C.


Comments