NaBloPoMo #3 - Last Meal?

Not genealogy related, nothing spiritual...just pure gluttony.

Taken from Blogher's blogging prompts (because day #3 is nearly over, and I got nothin' to say today...)

If you knew that whatever you ate next would be your last meal, what would you want it to be?

I just ate it. Well, about 5 hours ago I did anyway. This all started when I was alerted to today being "National Men Making Dinner" day. We joked (well, I was serious, but he didn't seem to think so.) When he came home at 5:30, and realized that I was very serious (must've been the lack of food cooking that alerted him to this) the family was soon heading off into the village to my favorite place in the world to eat - well, other than heading straight down past the mexican border.

My last meal would be the enchiladas that I had tonight....the red sauce, the cheese, the refried beans...more cheese...warm chips and salsa....I'm starting to salivate just thinking about it.

Okay except that the chorizo/sausage filling that I had ordered came to the table as shredded chicken. But it was still good. And the refried beans weren't nearly as creamy as they usually were. But the melted cheese was delicious! And the chips and salsa weren't all that warm, but only because I got delayed when a spilled glass of soda had been knocked over across the table.

Oh the joys of eating with the entire family.

Note to self...When it comes time for this "last meal", I'm eating all by myself.

Comments

Lorri said…
I am so glad you're posting every day. Love your last meal choice. I would also choose Mexican - and the cheesier the better!
Party of 5 said…
...and I'm so glad someone is still reading! (Smiling really big!)