Timmy Ho's!

I'm not a coffee drinker. Never have been, don't ever see it happening in the future. And except for a few short weeks while I was pregnant when I actually craved the stuff, I've never felt the desire to pick up a cup of coffee.

That being said, I do not frequent the Tim Horton's establishments around here all that often. I walk in - I smell coffee. I go through the drive through to grab a dozen donuts for the family, it smells like coffee. I have friends who like to gather to just "chit-chat" or have girl time, and they do it at Horton's. I don't go. I'm told "You can get hot chocolate there!" I have a box of Swiss Miss here at home in my cupboard, thank you very much. And I haven't even told you about the line-up of cars that wraps around the building in the morning!

Yeesh, people and their Timmy Ho's.

This morning, I ventured out. It was a gorgeous day, the kind of day that you just can't help but smile at. I grabbed some genealogy materials, and would you believe it? Found myself sitting at a quiet Tim Horton's in a corner, sipping my hot chocolate, and enjoying my morning "me-time"...immensely.

In a word?.....Awesome.

I still won't drink the coffee, but they do make an incredible Triple Chocolate Cookie that is equally as awesome an experience for the taste buds. I hit the drive-thru and picked one up before heading home today. Sooooo good, even if there was a hint of a coffee taste to it.

Comments