40 Days - #1

Safe to say, we're all surviving!

Day 1 (Friday) meant we were fasting sweets & desserts. In the mind of a 4, 5, and 10 year old this is a very big deal. Bagels for breakfast instead of Fruit Loops, and fruit was packed in the lunches for school instead of cookies or pudding. Amazingly enough, my kids - AGAIN - accepted, if not enjoyed, this new habit without complaint.

I was handling my day without sweets fairly well...mostly due to major sinus issues that were kicking my butt for the 4th day in a row. I didn't want anything sweet, I only wanted soup, tylenol, and my bed. I hadn't been able to breathe for 4 days, my eyes felt like they were exploding out of my head, and my head seemed to be on the verge of exploding itself.

On the eve of day #1 I found myself at home with the kids fast asleep in their beds, and I was ready to mentally break down over the horrible way I was still feeling, and had been feeling most of the week. That night I watched via live stream, worshipped, and prayed along with my girlfriends during our women's conference that was taking place at church. By the time the live feed had ended, I was able to breathe, and my head completely stopped hurting for the first time in days.

God is good like that...

Comments