I am NOT getting old, I am NOT getting old, I am NOT...

If I keep repeating it to myself over and over, does it make it true?

In the last few weeks, I have gone from simply looking forward to attending my High School reunion, to being on the planning committee. I'm still not quite sure how that happened. But it's all good. If I'm going to drive 6 hours, I want as many classmates as possible to be there, and I'm going to do my darndest to get 'em there.

I made it to my 5 year reunion. That wasn't difficult. Easy in fact. I was still living in Ohio, married and we were all still close and in touch with one another.

The 10 year reunion jumped out at me without warning. I had moved to New York and I was getting ready to give birth to my first child when I received the letter informing me that the date of my reunion was going to be 1 week after his birth. No, I didn't make it that year.

My 15 year reunion didn't really surprise me, I knew it was coming. But I had actually gotten the opportunity to go on a REAL vacation with my husband that summer. We were going away - for more than 1 night - out of state even! And as it turned out, it was the same weekend as my reunion had been planned. There was about 5 minutes where I was disappointed that I would have to send my regrets yet once again to my former classmates. Then I left for vacation with my beloved, and I didn't give it another thought.

And now, here I am...my 20-YEAR high school class reunion! TWENTY YEARS! I remember when my parents went to their 20-year reunion, and I thought that made them so old! Now here I am, trying to pull this together last minute with my girlfriend. It's looking good so far, and we've had a good response already. (Apparently, I'm not the only one who's been MIA from our class for the last 15 years!)

Now - because I'm feeling very nostalgic...a little bit of Petra...from 1990. Bob Hartman was so cool, I had a crush on Ronny Cates (must be a bass player thing), and John Schlitt? Well, he was good for the band, but I still can't figure him out.

Comments