Sound Theology...

We never know ahead of time the plans God has for us. It may be a treasured blessing, it could be a test that drops us to our knees.

Job 42:3
"You asked, ‘Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?’ It is I—and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me."

God's plans are beyond our understanding and too deep to explain. Perhaps God doesn't explain Himself because knowing and understanding His ways may not help us all that much. Does knowing why really help? Is the pain removed by knowing the cause? When things turn from bad to worse, sound theology helps us to remain strong and stable.


Jeremiah 10:23 - "I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course."

Jeremiah 29:11-14 - "I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. When you come looking for me, you'll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed."

Proverbs 16:9 - "We plan the way we want to live, but only God makes us able to live it."

Proverbs 20:24 - "The very steps we take come from God; otherwise how would we know where we're going?"

Isaiah 55:8-9 - "I don't think the way you think. The way you work isn't the way I work. For as the sky soars high above earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think."

Philippians 4:6-7 - "Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."

James 1:2-4 - "Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way."

1 Peter 5:6-7 - "So be content with who you are, and don't put on airs. God's strong hand is on you; he'll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you."

Comments