How Great Is Our God!



Job 42:2 - I know that You can do all things, and that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted.

There is NOTHING God cannot do, and it is impossible to frustrate God's purposes. God's purpose can't be blocked, restrained, or stopped. God's intentions can neither be altered nor disrupted. What He purposes will transpire without delay, without hindrance, and without fail.

This is where my journey with Job comes to an end. Oh, I think God is still teaching me and will continue to do so, but after 4 years, I finally felt "released" from my time spent with Job.

There is no explanation for what we went through during that time. For 9 months, we tried to get pregnant only to have it end in a miscarriage...it took us another whole year to get pregnant after that...18 months later, we were pregnant again - and had another miscarriage, and six months down the road, it happened once again. Month after month of fertillity testing resulted in no apparent reason for my body to miscarry and reject these pregnancies. But when given the go ahead to try and get pregnant, it took us yet another 12 months...so not only was I losing babies, but these children - my son and my daughter - were not easily conceived!

So, imagine my surprise when our daughter was just 9 months old, and I discovered I was pregnant...AGAIN!

"Wait a minute God! This has always been a struggle for us...and now You're just going to throw this one in our laps without any effort whatsoever?"

Make no mistake about it, I was done having children - done with the breastfeeding, and the baby food! I was happy with the idea of raising our perfect little family in our perfect little house. But now I had to figure out where in the world I was going to put another baby in our perfect little house! Oh. And God? I really, REALLY don't want to go through the experience and recovery of a 3rd C-Section!!

It took some time, but eventually I realized that God's message to me was the same that it had always been... "I needed you to trust Me to bring Derek and Jordan into this world in My perfect time. Why won't you trust me now and know that this new little one is also in My perfect will for your life?"

So once again I have been brought to a place where I can say, "I trust You God. I don't understand it, I can't explain it, and I don't know why. But if there's something I can learn, wonderful. If there's something someone else can learn, great. Just get me through it. Hold me close, deepen me, change me."

Isaiah 25:1 - "O LORD, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; for You have worked wonders, plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness."

Comments