SNGF: Ancestor Name List Roulette

SNGF = Saturday Night Genealogy Fun!

I don't usually participate in this one - but I'm here, it's Saturday night, and why not have a little fun? Randy Seaver and his Genea-Musings blog has posted his weekly SNGF mission...The Ancestor Name List Roulette.

1) How old is one of your grandfathers now, or how old would he be if he had lived? Divide this number by 4 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."
My only grandfather who is still alive is currently 84 years old. Dividing his age by 4, my "magic" roulette number is 21.

2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ancestral name list (some people call it an "ahnentafel"). Who is that person?
#21 in my family tree is my Great-Great Grandmother, Mary Ann Abdon.

3) Tell us three facts about that person in your ancestral name list with the "roulette number."
Since I don't have a lot of information on Mary Ann, I will simply give you every piece that I do have -
Mary Ann Abdon was born 30 Jan 1876 in Indiana. I'm guessing probably in Dearborn County, but that's purely speculation on my part. Right around 1892, she married Harrison Bingle and together they had 7 children. They spent their life together in Hamilton County, Ohio where she died on 12 Jul 1945. She and Harrison are both buried in the Maple Grove Cemetery near Cleves, Ohio.

Comments