Thursday, December 23, 2010

Dear Genea-Santa,

I think I've been a very good girl this year...okay, well at least when it comes to genealogy (all those other things...let's not discuss that right now). But I have worked hard and been diligent in my own personal research, not so much in the past few months - but you know how important it is to take a break don't you Genea-Santa? I have also spent a fair amount of time contributing my skills to various genealogy websites and even researching other family histories besides my own!! Keeping this in mind, I'd like to personally request a few items this year if you can reach down deep into your big red bag for me.

First of all, I would reeeeeeeally love to be able to look into this certification thing further...and that would involve Boston University and their program. So if you happen to have a couple of extra dollars in your wallet, feel free to just leave that in my stocking. It's the only green one out of the bunch, so you won't get them confused with my Lego loving, American Girl wanting, Superhero needin', Sabres fanatical family.

Now, just so you don't think I'm being overly greedy asking for the cash this year, there is another option. Professional Genealogy by Ms. Mills would be an awesome addition to my genealogy library. While I'm saving and waiting for the Boston University thing, this would be great reading and research material for my future as a certified genealogist.

Material items aside, I have a personal favor I was wondering if you wouldn't mind checking into with your family history expert elves up there at the North Pole. The parents of John Parrish...my fourth great-grandparents. Any chance you could clear up some records in the state of Virginia that might help in identifying with absolute certainty who they are? I know who we they THINK they are, but where is the evidence? This would be an incredible gift not only for myself, but for my dear sweet cousin, Irene. She's been looking for this proof for years, Genea-Santa, and she's 92 years old, so we both know that her research time on this earth is limited and coming to an end. If anyone is deserving of a special Christmas genealogy wish, it's her.

If you could find it in your heart to grant just one of my genealogy wishes this year, I'd be so grateful. And even if I wake up Christmas morning only to find another unscalable brick wall in my stocking, it's okay. There's always next year!

No comments: