Friday, August 14, 2009
Okay, I'm really not one to toot my own horn...but I love my birthday! It ranks right up there with Christmas quite honestly!! I look forward to it, I celebrate it all week long (because I can), and when it's over, I'm thoroughly disappointed. The fact that today I am 37 years old doesn't hurt or make me cringe...let's celebrate!!
Today is also my cousin's birthday, my aunt & uncle's anniversary, and my Jr. High science teacher's birthday. So let's celebrate them too! Diane, you're beautiful! Jim & Jeanine...Congratulations on 43 years! And Mr. Johnson...never liked science, but you were always one of my favorite teachers - So have a wonderful day!!
And for the rest of you...just because it isn't your birthday doesn't mean that it's not a day to celebrate! It's another day we've been given to love one another, laugh together, and live the life that God has given us to it's absolute fullest.
Psalm 118:24 - This is the very day God acted - let's celebrate and be festive!
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Once again, another "getting to know you" doo-hicky is making its way around my Facebook friend list. And since I refuse to follow the crowd, I've decided to post mine here (similar to the "25 Things about Me" list). So the following is my version of the list of additional things you should know about me...
- I am not, nor have I ever been, a morning person. My children wake me up way too early every stinking morning.
- I am a "meat & potatoes" kind-of a woman. Seafood should stay in the water. I like red meat!!
- I am a closet "Big Brother" fan. Always have been. In general, I don't like reality tv, but darn it, I get hooked on this every year!! Wanted to be the first pregnant woman to be in the Big Brother house, but Paul wouldn't let me apply to be on the show. (party pooper!)
- I don't care where I live, as long as those I love are close by.
- I was born in Montpelier, Ohio - it's a little town, you've probably never heard of it. I grew up in Edon, Ohio - another little unheard of town. I now live in Hamburg, NY - let's face it, I'm meant to live in unheard-of little towns.
- My favorite time of day...Once the kids are in bed, and the house is the quietest it's been all day. Relaxing in my favorite jammies and enjoying time with my man!
- I don't do pets. We once had a dog, now we don't. If the kids want a pet that they will all take care of, then we may once again become a pet household. Until then, I don't think so.
- I would love to take a trip to the east coast to research my family's genealogy there. Particularly Northampton, Massachusetts. Paul would like to visit Boston...Hmmm...I'm sensing an anniversary vacation that would benefit us both at some point in the future!
- I drive a Honda Odyssey mini-van. I love that I drive a mini-van. Respect the van...